What is Love?
Interestingly, this is the conversation with my some of my friends this weekend. In some strange coincidence or maybe intentionally created scenarios, I found myself discussing this subject. Clearly, this topic has no right answers and is left to interpretation based on our personal experiences – it is a timeless subject. We as human beings, cannot imagine living in a world minus “Love”.
Disclaimer: None of these is my definition. I am still working on it. It is just a collection of responses. Feel free to add your thoughts.
The question: “What is Love?”
Here are some answers:
– There is romantic love and there is other love. The romantic love is what is what is referred to as “Being in Love” and the other love is “Our love for things, places and people”.
– The romantic love is a sense of connection. Most likely, it is when you don’t have to speak and other person gets you. The other love is the your likeness, even responsibility and affinity.
– Love is when you don’t expect a ROI (Return on investment)
– Love is self-directed. It means nothing if the other person loves you more or less. You give out the feeling because you get joy from it.
– Love is passion – Passion (from the Latin verb patī meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing.
– Love is trust and perseverance – you share yourself completely and there are no secrets. It perseveres all travails.
– Love is companionship – best friends forever and best moments with special people and your pets.
– Love is a partnership – you enable each other and are like partners in good and bad.
– Love is like a mirror – everything you hate in yourself is present in the other and you have to learn to live with it.
Your thoughts are welcome. Enjoy your weekend!
One Response to “What is Love?”
Leave a Comment
Facebook Fan Page
Media & PR
Sales & Marketing
#DIVERSITYtweet Book 1
With the current globalization and technological advancements, we are seeing an exponential growth in diversity in our world. People are transcending cultures and geographies and are embracing diversity in their experiences and interactions with others. Most importantly, this book is a thought provoking resource for managers and those who work with a diverse group of people, be it in the workforce, community projects, team building assignments, social gatherings, or business meetings.
There is no such thing…as ...
Grit is the foundation of ...
To those in search of ...
“I am really busy” Really? ...
What is that you want ...
Hi, for all time i ...
Excellent post but I was ...
Thanks for your kind words. ...
Excellent article. Keep writing such ...