In business and in life, there is hardly any doubt that we need to surround ourselves with people who care. By care , I mean that they should care about your concerns – be in your professional ambition or personal life.
Sometimes, people around us might believe that they are acting in line with your concerns but it might be that it is not helping you a bit.
Sometimes, people at work will not be passionate like you and in effect leaving you drained and out of energy.
Sometimes, your family and friends might not be able to understand what concerns you have since they don’t have experiences like those that you are going through.
Sometimes, your business partners behave like customer care personnel – their sweetness is unbearable – they say something but do not act to take care of their promises – Remember, how many times you had to follow up for a payment?
What I am proposing is hard…we need to surround ourselves with people who care – in line with what care means for us –
– when we don’t have to say things but they could hear
– when they would do as they promised
– when they don’t impose what is important for them on you
– when they give you the flexibility to explore outside of our culture’s practices
If we have such people around this is what happens
– you are energized
– you have meaningful relationships with business partners, colleagues, friends and family
– you reach your maximum potential
– you are never alone
I believe it is important to surround yourself with people who you want to become when you grow up – They are your teachers who will teach how to care – they got where they are today – because they cared about a lot of people. And in learning their practices and in their company, you will surround yourself with people who care.